Friday, July 3, 2009

Followers or not, here I come

The comic strip below shows a new problem I've had to deal with: finding followers (or not). I signed up for Facebook and lo and behold, I discovered there is a NatureNetwork of blogs which is part of Networked blogs which are all linked to Facebook. I signed up for it and passed the test of putting the NetworkedBlogs gadget on my blog. The problem is that was just the beginning...

To have RSS feeds of my blog pulled into their network, I have to have at least four followers also on Facebook! Here is this big NetworkedBlogs gadget on the right side of my blog that showed only one follower---me. Enough already!!! I deleted that gadget and concluded I can always post my blog to my Facebook wall manually.

I refuse to feel pressured into some popularity contest: how many people are following you? I don't need to add anything else to my insecurities! Oh well, it was worth a try; and it's amazing how much easier it was to post the comic below this time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment