Friday, June 12, 2009

Something for everyone?


Well, according to the text in Thing number 26, I should be feeling like a "real tech pro". I'm feeling more like the fledgling pictured on the key board. Did you notice in this picture, the bird is on the backspace key? I also seem to spend a lot of my time there, as well as in edit mode.

I was quite amazed by the amount of information and pictures one should be able to squeeze into Thingfo! After a few false starts, I managed to get some content into my Thingfo. The control over your Thingfo input seems to vary by your choice of medium: in Twitter, you have to list each specific Twitterer (user name) whereas in Flickr, you just list a tag or category (same goes for Delicious). I wanted to add posts under Blogger, but the URL's I added didn't work (it said RSS URL which must be different from regular URL?). I put my Thingfo on my blog without Blogger input. I can always go back and edit and add; and there's always the backspace key.

P.S. I discovered in my second entry into Thingfo that it is under Twitter management---no wonder it was so easy to feed Tweets!
P.P.S. An RSS URL is different than the regular URL; at the blog site, you have to click on the RSS key and copy and paste that URL to Thingfo to get the RSS feeds. Note that I now have posts in my Thingfo.

No comments:

Post a Comment