Monday, May 18, 2009

Subscribe Now

That magic word, subscribe, was making me a little nervous in my foray through the world of podcasts. My husband was nervous too; enough to create an account of my own on the computer! Since we don't have iTunes installed, I tried a few book reviews in the Podcast directory. I love Michael Palmer's medical thrillers, so I selected a review of his newest, "Second Opinion". In my (2nd) opinion, the review wasn't a review, it was just a summary that was eight minutes too long (that's the function of the book jacket). The reviewers didn't even rate the books---if I were a popular author, I would ask them not to review my book!

It wasn't so easy to pull an RSS feed into my Bloglines account from Podcast; I could send a feed to Facebook, Digg, etc.---anywhere but Bloglines. So instead, I sent an RSS feed to my blog (see WREN Radio below My Favorite Sites on the right side of the blog). One other problem with Podcasts is that they did not search all podcasts, just the ones in their collection. I was trying to find Bill's Podcast, This Birding Life, and it was nowhere in Podcast. Oh well, you can't hear everything.

P.S. I just found this bird post from grandCentral's blog; check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment