Sunday, May 10, 2009

WENI, WIDI, WIKI

Wiki certainly seems to be popular:
  • Blogging libraries wiki
  • WikiSpot
  • Wikify the OPAC, etc.
It blogs my mind that you can Wikify the OPAC! Can you imagine managing that site. But seriously, the concept of a collaborative website has some great uses. WIKI seems to be like a giant bulletin board with input from everyone or anyone. I played in the WIKI sandbox for a little bit, but to me it seemed a little bit lonely; you're connecting before or after but never with.

I have used Wikipedia from time to time, but now more than ever after seeing how easy it is to EDIT and SAVE with WIKI, I question the "authority" (veracity?) of the information. I'm back to sources again. The recent Dilbert cartoon below really sums it up.

1 comment:

  1. Wikis are definitely not "with" resources. But they're great for current events, for collaboration, and for things like manuals - very easy to correct or update by any members.

    ReplyDelete